1 December 2020
How Do I Fix My Rinnai INFINITY®?
Our Rinnai INFINITY range of gas hot water appliances take water heating to a whole new level - providing endless hot water to your home. No more running the tap and waiting for the hot water to come. It’s there straight away.
But it’s when you suddenly have no hot water that you truly appreciate it. So for the odd occasion that your unit doesn’t deliver hot water to your home, here are a few tips and tricks to get you back up and running:
- If Rinnai INFINITY water heater controller(s) are installed on the wall in a kitchen or bathroom, are they turned on? Please note that you will need to turn controllers back on after a power cut.
- Is there power at the appliances power point? For the INFINITY, the switch is often located outside. Tip: Plug in a phone charger or similar to check if the power point is working.
- Is there gas in the LPG cylinder?
- Is the LPG cylinder valve open?
- If the LPG cylinder has just been replaced or if the INFINITY® has not been used for some time, you may need to bleed air out of the gas line. Go to a mixer tap in the house and turn it to the full hot position. Then turn the tap handle on and off 10 times. Check if hot water is being produced. If not, repeat for a further 10 times and then check.
- The size of the LPG cylinder needs to be 45kg for the INFINITY® to operate properly. Smaller cylinders will “freeze up” in cold weather.
If after working through these tips and tricks you still have no hot water, contact 0800 RINNAI (0800 746 624) or Book a Service and we will get you hot water again in no time.
We highly recommend that Rinnai gas appliances are serviced every two years. This can extend the operating life of your appliance, and also ensures it is running at peak efficiency - saving you and your family money.