Super efficient, super smart
The Rinnai INFINITY N-Series are condensing* gas continuous flow water heaters designed for commercial applications and high hot water demand residential installations.
Available as an external unit (N56kWe) or an internal unit (N56kWi).
- Full stainless steel heat exchanger and internal piping
- Inverted burner → longer service intervals (burner cleaning no longer required)
- Inbuilt control panel, parameters easily set
- Pump connectivity, the N-Series can power and control a circulating ring main
- Inbuilt temperature sensor, unit can run in-series with a circulating ring main
- Pre-mix burner, no gas pressure setting required → very easy gas-type conversion
- Daisy-chain electronic connection, very simple (and low cost) electronic connections
- Powerful fan allows a lower cost common flue to be installed (available ex-stock)
- External commercial and residential applications (N56kWe external model only)
- Internal commercial and residential applications (N56kWi internal model only)
- Mains and medium pressure systems
Hard or acidic water will need to be treated to use this product.
- They are not suitable as a spa or swimming pool heater
- They are not suitable for hydronic applications
Some people are susceptible to low level noise. INFINITY units operate at around 50-54 dB(A). This needs to be considered if locating the appliance near a bedroom.
Available for Natural Gas or LPG. Specify gas type at the time of purchase.
General clearances for the external N56kWe
The following diagram has been provided to assist you in determining where (and if) an external N56kWe can positioned. If in doubt, prior to purchase, consult a licensed gasfitter.
• Below eaves, balconies, and other projections, min. 300 mm
• From a gas meter 1000 mm
• From an electricity meter or fuse box, min 500 mm
* Rinnai recommend 1.5 m to give enough clearance for pipe work, and to safely expel flue gases
General clearances for the internal N56kWi
Internal models are designed for indoor installations only. They are a flued appliance. They may be installed in an enclosure if the requirements of AS/NZS 5601.1 are met. An enclosure is defined as a compartment, enclosed area, or partitioned off space primarily used for the installation of the appliance.
For internal units we recommend a 600 mm clearance in front of the unit for servicing access. This can be reduced to 50 mm if installed in a cupboard, refer diagram below.
|Factory preset temp.
||75 °C (can be preset to deliver up to 85 °C)
|N56kWe (ext) code/REU
||INFN56N/L → REU-N3237WC-ZK
|N56kWi (int) code/REU
||INFN56FFN/L → REU-N3237FFC-ZK
|Hot water capacity
||1.5-37 litres per minute. Nominal water capacity is 32 litres per minute at a 25°C rise (1920 L/h)
External unit → forced flue
Internal unit → room sealed forced flue
||Fitted as standard. Frost protection operates automatically, as long as the appliance is connected to the electrical power supply, by activating when the temperature inside the unit drops below 3.5 °C, and turns off once the temperature inside the unit reaches 7 °C.
||Direct electronic ignition
|Ingress protection rating
|Line pressure (min.)
||NG: 1.13 kPa, LPG 2.75 kPa
|Line pressure (max.)
||3.5 kPa (maximum standing pressure under abnormal intermittent conditions is 5.0 kPa).
In the case of commercial metering, (i.e. 35-37 kPa coming in), there may be a requirement to regulate the incoming pressure down).
Normal: 70 W (NG), 85 W (LPG)
Standby: 2.4 W
Automatic Frost Protection: 154 W (external), 150 W (internal)
Nominal operating pressure: 300-1000 kPa
Min. water flow: 1.5 litres per minute (activation flow rate)
If the inlet water pressure or flow rate drops below the minimum values stated above, operation of the INFINITY is not guaranteed. The unit requires both minimum flow rate and pressure to operate correctly.
||Internal 49 dB(A), external 54 dB(A)
||less than 50 ppm
|Flue combustion analysis
||CO/CO² for nominal conditions:
- NG maximum load 144 ppm / 9.4%
- LPG maximum load 95 ppm / 10.1%
||Flame failure, boil-dry protection, overheat protection, fusible link, pressure relief valve and combustion fan rpm check
ES: Supplier Declaration of Compliance
Declaration number: 1911920196
||Can an N-Series be used to replaced an older unserviceable Rinnai INFINITY in a bank of electronically connected appliances? Yes, as long as the N-Series is a slave unit and not the master. Refer attached for more information.
N56kWe (external) dimensions
N56kWi (internal) dimensions