Rinnai Preferred Installer Agreement
Rinnai agrees to conduct advertising and other promotions to provide potential sales leads to the Rinnai Preferred installer and the Rinnai Preferred installer agrees to follow up those sales leads provided in a timely manner within 24 hours of being contacted by the lead to agree a reasonable time for the site visit to enable a firm quote to be provided. Rinnai will periodically measure levels of customer satisfaction delivered by the Preferred Installer network via a customer satisfaction survey.
Rinnai will provide access to the Rinnai Tradesmart site which contains all full technical, specification and installation data on all Rinnai Appliances. The Rinnai Preferred Installer agrees to register for access to this site https://rinnai.co.nz/Tradesmart/Register
The Rinnai Preferred Installer agrees to only install Rinnai appliances where a sales lead has been generated and passed on by Rinnai.
The Rinnai Preferred installer agrees to provide a prompt, professional and courteous service.
Supply of Goods: the supply of goods will be through the normal channels used by the Rinnai Preferred installer.
Fitting and Materials: all pipe, fittings and materials required for the installation will be supplied by the Rinnai Preferred installer.
By submitting the online Rinnai Preferred Installer registration form, the Rinnai Preferred Installer agrees to the terms and conditions herein.
Commencement date will be the date the Rinnai Preferred installer submits the Rinnai Preferred installer registration form.
Sales lead means each potential Rinnai customer that contacts Rinnai through Rinnai promotional.
The Rinnai Preferred installer agrees to follow up sales leads operating as an independent business.
As the sales leads are provided by Rinnai, the Rinnai Preferred Installer commits to represent the Rinnai brand in a professional and positive manner.
The Rinnai Preferred Installer acknowledges that the Rinnai brand experience they deliver will be measured via a follow up survey and that should the customer satisfaction score fall below our threshold of 80% satisfaction, they will be contacted and advised they may be stood down from the Rinnai Preferred installer program unless Rinnai is satisfied they can deliver the high standard required to represent the Rinnai brand.
This agreement is non-exclusive and Rinnai may use other parties to manage leads, quote and install appliances.
The Rinnai Preferred installer shall at all times carry out quotes and installation in accordance with the Rinnai service standard.
- Customer Service: All sales leads will be followed up by the Rinnai Preferred installer within 24 hours of receipt to agree a reasonable time for the site visit to enable a firm quote to be provided.
- Charges: Ensure that all charges for installations of Rinnai appliances are fair and reasonable and reflect current market rates.
- Quotes: Written quotes will be given for all sales leads provided via the Rinnai Preferred installer marketing program where the customer agrees to progress.
- Gas connections: The Rinnai Preferred installer will either inform the customer what to do or alternatively manage any necessary arrangements with the gas network operator, meter supplier, energy utility or LPG supplier as required to connect the customer’s property up to the energy source required for the recommended appliance.
- Standards: Ensure that all installations comply with all applicable New Zealand standards, National and Local body regulations.
- Guarantee of work: Guarantee it’s work to Rinnai customers.
- Rinnai appliances: Only install Rinnai appliances at the customer’s address in relation to a sales lead that Rinnai has provided unless the Rinnai Preferred installer has prior written approval from Rinnai to install an alternative brand of appliance.
- Correct equipment: Have available for use by all Rinnai Preferred installers the correct equipment to install Rinnai appliances.
- Fit for Purpose: Ensure that all quotes presented to customers are for appliances that are fit for purpose.
- Installation faults: Rectify all installation faults in a timely manner at the cost of the Rinnai Preferred installer.
- Warranty faults: Refer appliance faults to the local Rinnai Service centre at the earliest opportunity. If, subsequently the fault is deemed to be an installation fault, the cost of the rectification will be at the cost of the Rinnai Preferred installer.
- Change in circumstances: Email Rinnai at email@example.com to notify us of any change in circumstances or if you want to stop being a Rinnai Preferred installer.
- Sales: Use best endeavours to promote and extend sales of Rinnai appliances to customer for example promoting heating to a water heating lead and vice versa.
- Not Compete: act in good faith at all times and give Rinnai all reasonable assistance and co-operation in carrying on the business of installing Rinnai Appliances.
- Comply with Laws: comply with all laws, regulations and other requirements of any government or regulator authority applicable to the installation of Rinnai Appliances.
- No Contracting: not incur any liability on behalf of Rinnai or in any way pledge or purport to pledge Rinnai’s credit or accept any order or make any contact binding on Rinnai without Rinnai’s first approving its terms;
- Information: from time to time on the request of Rinnai, supply to Rinnai, reports, returns and other information relating to the relationship contemplated by this Agreement;
- Customer Complaints: Use its reasonable endeavours to effectively resolve all Customer complaints and to pass all details of Customer complaints on to Rinnai within 24 hours of receiving such details.
- Disputes: In the event of any dispute or difference arising between the parties as to the operation of or interpretation of this Agreement the disputed difference shall be referred to arbitration by a single arbitrator to be agreed upon between the two parties. In the event of disagreement as to a single arbitrator, the single arbitrator shall be appointed by the President for the time being of the New Zealand Law Society (or by some other person nominated by such President) and such arbitration shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration Act 1996. The parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Auckland District Court and the Auckland High Court in the event of litigation.
- Waivers: No failure by a party to this Agreement to exercise any right, power or remedy provided for in this Agreement or by law shall be construed to be a waiver thereof nor shall any single or partial exercise of any such right, power or remedy preclude any further or other exercise of the same right, power or remedy or any exercise of any such right, power or remedy.
- Variations: This Agreement shall not be varied except by a written agreement signed by Rinnai and the Rinnai Preferred installer.
- Indemnity: The Rinnai Preferred installer indemnifies and keeps indemnified Rinnai from and against all actions, costs, losses, liabilities, claims, charges, damages and expenses of whatsoever nature suffered or incurred by Rinnai as a result of any prior or inadequate work undertaken by the Rinnai Preferred installer or its employees or contractors on any Rinnai Appliance or from any breach by the Rinnai Preferred installer of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement applicable to it. The Rinnai Preferred installer must carry public liability insurance for a minimum amount of $2 million (proof may be requested by Rinnai).
- No Partnership: Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to constitute any party as a partner of the other or, except as otherwise herein expressly provided, to constitute any party agent or legal representative of another. No party shall have any authority to act or to assume any obligation or liability on behalf of another party nor give any security or promise for the payment of money on account of another party. No party shall hold out any of its agent, employees or servants to be the agents, employees or servants of another party.
- Health and Safety: The Rinnai Preferred Installer confirms they have the following in place:
- Public liability insurance in place.
- A health and safety policy.
- Processes to ensure all staff receive training to enable them to carry out work safely and that there are processes in place to ensure adequate supervision.
- Processes to identify and manage hazards and to ensure the work can be carried out safely.
- Processes to ensure any contractors used to carry out work do this safely and to the required standard.
- The Rinnai Preferred Installer confirms they have had no notices, warnings or prosecutions by an enforcement authority such as Worksafe (formerly MBIE, OSH) in the last 5 years. (Please supply details if there have been any notices, warnings or prosecutions).