*$147 or $158 for larger model INFINITY units
The Sideways Flue Diverter is an accessory that can be fitted to an external Rinnai continuous flow water heater. It is designed to expel combustion products in a sideways direction. The flue diverter is fitted with screws to the flue terminal.
Model selection is based on the INFINITY unit, refer to 'Suitable for' for further details.
Noise reduction, in particular with larger INFINITY models where the unit is positioned close to a neighbouring property.
Where there may be an obstruction such as a tree, fence, wall or other structure, that even though an INFINITY is installed with the required clearances, will perform more efficiently if the flue gases are cleared away from the obstruction.
Where clearance to an openable window or other building structure is tight, the clearance shifts to the point of discharge (close to the edge of the water heater case).
- Externally mounted Rinnai INFINITY continuous flow water heaters NOT installed in a recess box
- External SINGLE water heater applications only (can be installed for left and right handed installations)
- Balconies, patios or other enclosed areas where products of combustion can be rapidly dispersed into the open-air
Rinnai sideways flue diverters fit the following Rinnai continuous water heater models:
• FDS16 = Rinnai INFINITY external A16, VT16 and XR16*
• FDS20 = Rinnai INFINITY external A20, VT20, XR18*, XR20*, Solar 20*
• FDS24 = Rinnai INFINITY external A24, A26, VT24, VT26, VTa26, , XR20 Plus*, XR24*, XR26*, XR26 Plus*, Solar 24*
* older models that are no longer sold
Important: The flue diverter MUST remain as a permanent fixture as removal could mean the water heater position no longer complies with AS/NZS 5601.1.